To support your use of our book, we offer some extra resources for each of our chapters. Using the menu above or the list of links below, you'll find:
- The chapter objectives and introduction, as they appear in the book
- A set of web resources that extend the subject treatment in the book.
- Comments on the in-depth activity at the end of each chapter.
- A set of teaching materials (Powerpoint slides) based on the chapter content.
- What is Interaction Design?
- The Process of Interaction Design
- Conceptualizing Interaction
- Cognitive Aspects
- Social Interaction
- Emotional Interaction
- Data Gathering
- Data Analysis, Interpretation, and Presentation
- Data at Scale
- Discovering Requirements
- Design, Prototyping, and Construction
- Interaction Design in Practice
- Introducing Evaluation
- Evaluation Studies: From Controlled to Natural Settings
- Evaluation: Inspections, Analytics, and Models
Fourth Edition Material
The following material comes from the fourth edition of this book. It was removed for the fifth edition and is provided here for your use:
- Section 8.6.2 - Distributed Cognition
- Section 8.6.3 - Activity Theory
- Section 13.4.2. - Case Study: In the Wild Study of Skiers
- Box 14.1 - Ensuring Accessibility and 508 Compliance
- Section 14.4.1 - In the Wild Study of the UbiFit Garden
Third Edition Material
The following material comes from the third edition of this book. It was removed for the fourth edition and is provided here for your use: